V1.1 Effective as of 17th September 2019
PCR Biosystems Ltd. is the controller and is responsible for your personal information.
Our contact information
PCR Biosystems Ltd. is a registered business (company number: 7960612) at PCR Biosystems Ltd. Aztec House, 1st Floor, 397-405 Archway Road, London N6 4ER. You can contact us on +44 (0) 20 3930 8101 or email your enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How your information is collected
When you participate in verbal, telephone, electronic or written communication with our representatives and employees, we may collect information from you depending on the purpose of your contact. If the reason for your communication is due to an interest in the products and/or services we provide, you are providing feedback on our products and/or services, or you are requesting our products or services, we may collect this information in order to continue communication with you as well as provide the requested products or services.
Your information is collected when you fill out our contact forms at events or exhibitions, contact our employees via telephone and/or their work email addresses, contact us using our other company email addresses (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com), allow our company representatives to scan your badges at events or exhibitions, when you hand us your business card, when you complete any of our electronic forms on our website and through cookies, when you visit and navigate our website. Your information may be collected if it is available on a public source, such as a website or a poster at events and/or exhibitions. Your information may also be collected from lists bought in from a third party and in this case, we enforce rigorous checks to ensure your information was obtained in a lawful and fair manner.
The type of information we collect
The type of personal information we collect has been taken into careful consideration. The information we collect includes your:
- Job role
- Email address
- Telephone and/or mobile number
- Fax number
- Organisation you are part of
- Your delivery and billing addresses
- Any notes taken during interaction including emails and conversations
- Set when you are logged in to remember the authentication data (2-14 days)
- Remembers your preferences when you are logged in (2-14 days)
- Set when you are logged in to remember that you are logged in (2-14 days)
These are essential if you are purchasing products through our website. These cookies are active when you interact with the WooCommerce plug in of our website so that it can perform necessary admin functions. None of the WooCommerce cookies store personal information:
- Helps WooCommerce determine when the cart contents/data changes (Session)
- Helps WooCommerce determine when the cart contents/data changes (Session)
- Keeps a unique code for each customer so it knows where to find the cart data in the database for you (2-14 days)
- Remembers which products were recently viewed (Session)
- store_notice[notice id]
- Remembers dismissed notices and alerts (Session)
Google Analytics cookies:
These are performance-based cookies and they collect information about how you use our website. The analysis provided helps us make improvements on the way it works for you, therefore enhancing your experience of our website:
- Used to distinguish users (2 years)
- Used to distinguish users (24 hours)
- Used to throttle the request rate and limits the data collected on sites with high traffic (1 minute)
- Contains a token used to retrieve a Client ID from Google AMP ID service (30 seconds to 1 year)
Google Analytics may collect and process information that is more of a technical nature. This includes your browser type and version, IP address, browser plug-in types and versions, your location and time zone, operating system and platform and other technology on the device you use to access our website. Although Google collects your IP address, it does not provide this data to us in Google Analytics reports.
Google Ads cookies:
- Contains Google Ads campaign related information for you (90 days)
If you proceed to use our website, you accept the use of all of the above cookies. If you choose to disable cookies through your web browser, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
What we do with your information
We process your information in a number of ways, including:
- Managing our relationship with you
- Processing and fulfilling your orders or sample requests
- Providing quotations
- Invoicing and processing payments
- Answering general or technical queries
- Addressing and requesting feedback about our products and services
- Managing cases raised due to compliments, consultations or complaints
- Enforcing our terms and conditions
We may use your information to contact you from time to time to notify you of the following:
- Company information
- Product launches
- Product information
- News and events
- Customer surveys
If you no longer wish to receive email marketing communication from us you can unsubscribe at any time by following the unsubscribe link within the email or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The technical information gathered and processed when you visit and navigate our website may be used to help us with any marketing analytics and related research we may carry out to improve our website or overall business.
Data retention and dissemination
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and the applicable legal requirements.
We may provide your personal information to a subsidiary, affiliated company, third party service provider or other trusted business acting on behalf of or jointly with us for the purposes of processing your personal data as described in this policy. We would like to reassure you that we will never rent or sell your information to anyone under any circumstances.
We have implemented security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. Our employees, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, third party service providers and other trusted businesses will only process your data on our instructions.
The basis for which we process your information
We endeavour to grow and develop our business and we recognise working with our customers, potential customers, suppliers or potential suppliers is an important aspect of providing, developing and improving our products and services. The main lawful basis for which we process your personal data is where it is necessary for our legitimate business interests, and your interests, rights and freedoms do not override those interests. Our specific interests are:
- To perform our core business functions of selling our products and processing your orders
- To develop and improve our products and services
- To respond to your enquiries and requests for information, products and services
- To market our products and provide you with information we feel may be of interest to you
As a manufacturer of kits and reagents for PCR, qPCR, cDNA synthesis, DNA extraction and isothermal amplification we recognise a mutual interest between ourselves and businesses and organisations that use these techniques.
We may also process your personal data to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between yourselves and us.
Your rights are important to us
When it comes to your personal information, we are aware of your rights and consider them important.
You have the right to:
- Request from us the information we hold about you and the source of this information
- Request that we rectify any information we are holding
- Restrict our processing of your information
- Object to direct marketing
- Request that your data be transferred
- Withdraw your consent to us processing your data
- To be erased from our system
If you would like to exercise any of the above rights, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.co.uk). We would appreciate it if you contacted us first so we can try to resolve the issue for you.